Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Goodbye Maia! We will miss you!

As many of you know, I am leaving Operation Frontline and Seattle very soon. But before I rush off to new adventures in New York City, I want to thank all of you for your outstanding work with Operation Frontline. This past year has been wonderful and I owe much of that enjoyment to working with you, the volunteers.

Whenever I orient new volunteers, I tell them that one of my favorite parts of my job is that despite a consistent curriculum, no two classes are ever the same. Some of that is due to the different participant makeup in each class, but much of it I attribute to the unique styles each of you brings to each class. It has kept me engaged, entertained, and on my toes.

I wish you all the best of luck and fun with your schooling, careers and other adventures. I have had a blast getting to know you and riding the waves of OFL classes with you.

In bocca al lupo, que les vayan bien, and good luck to all!


Maia in action in an ER class at Mount View Elementary

1 comment: